Re: libcurl with client ssl certificate

From: Ralph Mitchell <ralphmitchell_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 19 Aug 2012 13:43:27 -0400

On Sun, Aug 19, 2012 at 7:26 AM, Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se> wrote:

> On Sun, 19 Aug 2012, Chris Baylis wrote:
>
> static const char *pCertFile = "cert.pem";
>> static const char *pCACertFile="cert.pem";
>>

> This seems like a highly unlikely scenario. The same file, really?

A self-signed cert would be its own CA cert, so it's possible. He also
has:

     pKeyName = "cert.pem";

so the key would need to be in the same file too. The one thing that I'm
not sure about is the compiled program reporting:

     * found 142 certificates in /etc/ssl/certs/ca-certificates.crt

when it *should* be looking for CA certs in the file designated by
pCACertFile. Does libcurl automatically look in ca-certificates as well as
any file you designate?

Ralph Mitchell