Re: One or more libs available at link-time are not available run-time

From: Jeremy Hughes <jeremy_at_softpress.com>
Date: Mon, 20 Aug 2012 17:33:13 +0100

Hi Nick,

>On Aug 20, 2012, at 6:43 AM, Jeremy Hughes <jeremy_at_softpress.com> wrote:
>
>> Is there a way of discovering the actual names of the libraries that
>>are referred to in the error message? E.g. -lssl is presumably /usr/bin/
>>openssl.
>
>-lssl refers to /usr/lib/libssl.dylib. /usr/bin/openssl is an executable
>file, not a library.

OK - thanks for that.

In that case the other libraries that are referred to in the error message are presumably

/usr/lib/libcrypto.dylib
/usr/lib/libldap.dylib
/usr/lib/libz.dylib

>> Has anyone successfully built 7.27.0 with SSH support on a Mac system?
>
>I have...

I wonder what I'm doing differently that is causing a problem.

== 1. Build openssh2 (using: ./configure --with-openssl) ==

I don't have any problems here. The latest version of openssh2 seems to be 1.4.2.

== 2. Build libcurl (using ./configure --with-libssh2=[Libssh2 directory] ==

This fails during configure:

error: one or more libs available at link-time are not available run-time. Libs used at link-time: -lssl -lcrypto -lldap -lz -lssh2

Something that might be relevant is that I'm building on Snow Leopard rather than Lion or Mountain Lion.

Are you using a different set of configure options?

Jeremy