Re: One or more libs available at link-time are not available run-time

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Tue, 21 Aug 2012 00:32:18 +0200 (CEST)

On Mon, 20 Aug 2012, Jeremy Hughes wrote:

> We're not installing it. I thought the --with-libssh2=[directory] option was
> supposed to allow libcurl to be built with a static library of libssh2?

It works, I do it all the time.

But:

  1 - you need to specify the "prefix" directory, not the full dir since it
      needs to find both the $prefix/lib and $prefix/include and the relevant
      files in there (and there is no $prefix/lib directory in a regular
      libssh2 dev tree, I have a lib -> src/.libs symlink for that).

  2 - you need to manually provide the extra libs you need for the dependencies
      to configure (or make)

> This used to work, as I've said, but it stopped working sometime between
> 7.21.1 and 7.27.0.

AFAIK, it has worked the same way basically forever and I've linked it like
that regularly since the day we added ssh support.