Re: One or more libs available at link-time are not available run-time

From: Jeremy Hughes <jeremy_at_softpress.com>
Date: Wed, 22 Aug 2012 15:06:18 +0100

Hi Nick,

>On Aug 20, 2012, at 12:17 PM, Jeremy Hughes <jeremy_at_softpress.com> wrote:
>
>> I thought from a previous discussion on this list that darwinssl
>>doesn't support ssh. Jonas Schnelli (23/7/12, 21:38) listed one of the
>>cons as "no SFTP (libssh) support without openssl"
>>
>> The reason we're building with libssh2 is that we want to support SFTP.
>
>You don't need to use the same crypto library for libssh2 as you are
>using in libcurl. So darwinssl doesn't cancel out support for SSH; it
>just doesn't completely replace OpenSSL if you want SSH because Apple's
>crypto libraries are missing a few features that are present in
>libcrypto. I was porting libssh2 to Apple's crypto libraries, but got
>stuck on Apple's lack of a bignum replacement for cryptography.

Just to make sure I understand this...

I think what you're suggesting is:

1. Build libssh2 using "./configure --with-openssl"
2. Build libcurl using "./configure --with-libssh2=[directory] --with-darwinssl"

Doing this presumably gives the benefits provided by darwinssl but also keeps support for SSH and SFTP.

If Apple drop openssl from future Mac OSes, we could keep SFTP by building openssl separately.

Jeremy