Re: Memory consumption per easy handle?

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Fri, 31 Aug 2012 14:53:04 +0200 (CEST)

On Thu, 30 Aug 2012, Vladimir Grishchenko wrote:

> Is there a ballpark number for how big each easy handle is?

The memory libcurl itself allocates for an easy handle might be about 100K.
For SSL or SSH protocols there will be added memory allocated by the 3rd party
library in use.

I figure this should be fairly easy to measure.

> Is it fixed or can change dynamically?

It is dynamic. libcurl has several independent caches that can grow and it has
some buffers than will grow or get allocated on demand.

> We are using the multi-interface, but it would be interesting to learn if
> there are any differences between multy/easy mechanisms with respect to
> handle size.

The primary difference memory wise between multi and easy handle probably
comes with the fact that the connection pool of existing open TCP connections
is held within the multi handle when the multi interface is used so that all
easy handles access the single pool, while when using the easy interface each
easy handle will have its own pool.