RE: Port from URI is not taken

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Sat, 1 Sep 2012 20:37:01 +0200 (CEST)

On Fri, 31 Aug 2012, Sidde Gowda wrote:

> I downloaded few rfcs successfully. Thanks. But when I tried to download crl
> from ca server, the same thing did not work. Do we need to set anything
> regarding the content type?

No you don't. When you do a HTTP request with libcurl, it will get you the
resource the URL identifies no matter what it is.

I would rather guess that you're not using libcurl correctly or do some wrong
assumptions on the data you get.

> I even tried to download a jpeg image and it did not work.

Again, I suspect this is rather a bug in your application.

> I am wondering if the size anyway matters here.

It doesn't. libcurl doesn't care about the size and will call your write
callback over and over and over until the entire thing is transfered.