Re: Possible patch about http custom header is used for proxy connection

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Thu, 6 Sep 2012 16:37:05 +0200 (CEST)

On Wed, 5 Sep 2012, Pingzhong Li wrote:

> I asked the question before about http custom header is used for proxy
> connection, the link for this is:
> http://curl.haxx.se/mail/lib-2012-04/0294.html.
>
> At the libcurl we have, I add one more libcurl option to disable libcurl to
> use the http custom header for proxy connection except User-Agent http
> header.
>
> I am not sure if it is helpful to libcurl or not. If so, I could submit my
> changes back as a patch.

Thanks, but I would prefer a slightly different approach to this problem.

I would like to introduce a complement to CURLOPT_HTTPHEADER that is used only
for CONNECT requests. Called CURLOPT_PROXYHEADER or CURLOPT_CONNECTHEADER
perhaps.

The headers provided to CURLOPT_HTTPHEADER would then not be used at all in
CONNECT requests.

What do you think about using that approach?