Building with OpenSSL for Android with static library

From: Erik Browne <erik.browne_at_yousendit.com>
Date: Tue, 11 Sep 2012 20:35:27 +0000

I'm having trouble getting libcurl to build for Android. I'm using the
standalone toolchain. I'm also building OpenSSL as a static library, and
the library and include files are not in the standard places. I've got a
script which does the following:

export CPPFLAGS="-I/path/to/OpenSSL/include"
export LDFLAGS="-L/path/to/where/libssl.a/is"

./configure --host=arm-linux-androideabi --disable-shared --with-ssl

And here's the tail end of the output:

checking for SSL_connect in -lssl... no
checking for ssl with RSAglue/rsaref libs in use... checking for
SSL_connect in -lssl... (cached) no
no
configure: error: OpenSSL libs and/or directories were not found where
specified!

Anyone got an idea for why this isn't working?

Thanks,
Erik