Re: use libcurl with polarssl, linking issue.

From: Dan Fandrich <dan_at_coneharvesters.com>
Date: Thu, 20 Sep 2012 22:36:12 +0200

On Wed, Sep 19, 2012 at 02:54:56PM -0700, Emanuel Patern wrote:
> I tried to build curl with polarssl instead of openssl. Here what I did :
>
> Libcurl version : 7.27.0
> Polar ssl version : 1.1.4
>
> To build polar ssl I did :
>
> make CC=gcc APPS=
> make DESTDIR=/c/pssl install
>
> To build curl I did :
> perl Configure CFLAGS="-Os -ffunction-sections -fdata-sections -flto" LDFLAGS="-Wl,-s -Wl,-Bsymbolic -Wl,--gc-sections -flto -Os" --without-libidn,zlib,ldap-lib --disable-ipv6,manual,shared,verbose,debug,gopher --enable-hidden-symbols --enable-static --prefix=/c/curl --with-polarssl=/c/polarssl

I don't know what "perl Configure" does but --without- and --disable-
arguments can't be separated by commas like this with autoconf. The
directory specified with the --with-polarssl= option is not the same as
that you show for the PolarSSL build above. If PolarSSL uses an
autoconf-like build system, then DESTDIR isn't going to produce the
right output directory structure; in autoconf-based builds, the --prefix
option does that. Rather than adding all those optimization options
right away, try getting a standard build working first. If one of those
optimizations isn't compatible with your build, it's just going to get
in the way.

> Now Everything looks okay, I have added licurl.a, libpolarssl.a into my project with link option -DCURL_STATICLIB. After Compile I get those errors during linking :

To your project? I don't know what kind of build system you're using,
but clearly, it's not libcurl's, which increases the chance dramatically
that the problem is not in curl but rather your environment.

> ...\libcurl.a(libcurl_la-polarssl.o):polarssl.c:(.text$polarssl_connect_step2+0x4b)||undefined reference to `ssl_handshake'|
> ...\libcurl.a(libcurl_la-polarssl.o):polarssl.c:(.text$polarssl_connect_step2+0xd6)||undefined reference to `ssl_get_ciphersuite'|

What does the link command-line look like? It looks like the PolarSSL
library isn't being linked. It may be the order of the library given on
the link command-line is wrong.

>>> Dan