calling curl_multi_cleanup reusing a detached, cleaned easy handle

From: Sam Deane <sam_at_elegantchaos.com>
Date: Tue, 25 Sep 2012 22:57:31 +0100

I'm seeing something very similar to the bug described in this message:

        http://curl.haxx.se/mail/lib-2009-10/0162.html

Basically I have an easy handle, attach it to a multi, perform an ftp related operation, remove the easy handle from the multi, call curl_easy_cleanup() on the easy handle, then later call curl_multi_cleanup() on the multi handle.

At this point the CURLOPT_DEBUGFUNCTION callback that I had registered on the easy handle is called.

The easy handle passed in to this callback matches the one that I had previously removed from the multi.

Is this a known issue?

The workaround described in a follow-up email (http://curl.haxx.se/mail/lib-2009-10/0222.html) seems to work, but given that the email dates from 2010, it would be nice to know if there's a better fix by now, and whether this problem could also be caused by something else that I'm doing (or not doing).

This is on OS X 10.8 with libcurl/7.24.0 OpenSSL/0.9.8r zlib/1.2.5

sam deane / @samdeane / elegantchaos.com / @elegantchaoscom / mac and ios software development