Re: Threads and curl_easy_pause

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Sat, 29 Sep 2012 16:00:33 +0200 (CEST)

On Mon, 24 Sep 2012, Соловьев Андрей wrote:

> Documentation for curl_easy_pause() states: "NOTE: while it may feel
> tempting, take care and notice that you cannot call this function from
> another thread."
>
> What thread is permitted to call this function?

I don't know about "permitted", but I prefer to state clearly that this
function is not meant to be called from any other thread than the same thread
you use libcurl in. libcurl has no thread awareness or locking of any kind.

You may figure out ways on how you still can do this from multiple threads and
I wish you all the best with that, but I still won't recommend that approach.

If you have a suggestion on how to phrase that better in the documentation
than what it currently does, please tell us!