SSL with Client Cert but without Server cert validation?

From: Bill Lear <bill_at_lear.net>
Date: Tue, 2 Oct 2012 13:55:27 -0400

I have an unusual situation with an embedded SSL client using libcurl.

I need to send a client certificate to the server for validation even though the client does not validate the server certificate. (CURLOPT_SSL_VERIFYPEER = 0)

Is this possible? I have confirmed that I can establish a connection when I supply a CACert bundle and set VERIFYPEER = 1, but the connection is refused when I set VERIFYPEER = 0.

Thanks,

Bill