Re: Debugging Curl in xcode 4.5

From: Michael Stowell <napalm_binary_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 2 Oct 2012 20:03:53 +0100 (BST)

Hi, yes I built my own, statically linked with debug enabled, and have ensured its the correct lib by adding it to the project using the absolute path to the lib I built Sent from Yahoo! Mail on Android ________________________________ From: Nick Zitzmann <nick@chronosnet.com> To: Michael Stowell <napalm_binary@yahoo.com>; libcurl development <curl-library@cool.haxx.se> Sent: Monday, 1 October 2012, 19:57 Subject: Re: Debugging Curl in xcode 4.5 On Oct 1, 2012, at 2:45 AM, Michael Stowell <napalm_binary@yahoo.com> wrote: > I cannot seem to debug curl in my program, looks like xcode doesnt know how to find the symbols, but at the same time I dont know how to point it to them, I have tried building from source and adding the libs, adding Curl as a makefile project, but still no luck. any idea how I can achieve this? thanks Did you build your own libcurl, or are you using the system's libcurl or one from MacPorts? Are you sure the app isn't being linked against the system's libcurl? The only way to know for sure is to run the "otool" command against the binary with the -L option. If the path "/usr/lib/libcurl.*.dylib" shows up, then you're doing it wrong. If you are using your own libcurl, did you pass the --enable-debug option to the configure script? Nick Zitzmann <http://www.chronosnet.com/>