Re: curl (WinSSL) fails with memory buffer error (fwd)

From: Marc Hoersken <info_at_marc-hoersken.de>
Date: Wed, 3 Oct 2012 18:20:35 +0200

Hi again,

2012/9/28 Marc Hoersken <info_at_marc-hoersken.de>:
> I think the problem is clear: The buffer size limit of the schannel
> implementation is reached. This is caused by the fact that curl wants
> to read more data than what is available in the decrypted data buffer
> which then leads to more data being received into the encrypted data
> buffer.
>
> Question: Why does curl use such a big chunk size?
> Possible solution: Increase the schannel buffers to hold at least that
> chunk size * 2

I just pushed a fix to the repository that increases the maximum
buffer size to 128. Actually I am not sure if we really need such a
hard limit, so I just raised it for now. With BUFSIZE being 16384 that
would result in a maxium size of 2097152 bytes or 2 megabyte. That
should be enough to hold all encrypted data that is required to
decrypt the requested amount of data.

Best regards,
Marc