Re: basic FTP functions

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Fri, 5 Oct 2012 23:32:19 +0200 (CEST)

On Thu, 4 Oct 2012, Khaled El Manawhly wrote:

> Yes SFTP is what I'm looking for, however the libssh2 code seems a lot more
> confusing than libcurl. For normal FTP via wininet each function I mentioned
> is one line of code, so I'm sure theres a simple way of doing it in libcurl,
> I just cant seem to get it. Any ideas?

Please stop top-posting. Now I don't even know what simple things you wanted
to do. libcurl is targeted on file transfers using the protocols, it is not a
general purpose library for all operations you can think of for the protocols
it supports. SFTP for example supports vastly more things than what libcurl
can do with it.

To maximize your ability to use more SFTP features, libssh2 is there for you.