Re: Curl with DER certificates format when verifypeer is enabled

From: bala suru <balaqemu_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 9 Oct 2012 16:38:50 +0530

Hi,

I went through this
http://blog.techstacks.com/2010/03/3-common-causes-of-unknown-ssl-protocol-errors-with-curl.html
It does not match to any errors given in the above link because I checked
the flow in wireshark , it pass these leveles :

1. Client hello with my specified chiper suite "ECDHE-ECDSA-AES128-CCM" and
TLSv1.2
2. server accepts the above chiper
3. Certificate, Client Key Exchange, Certificate Verify, Change Cipher
Spec, Hello Request, Hello Request

 I used the below steps to convert my key and cert

1. I used this to conevert the certificate to pem : *openssl x509 -inform
der -in certificate.cer -out certificate.pem*
2. I used this for key *openssl pkcs8 -inform DER -nocrypt -in
33330001-root.pkcs8 -out key.pem*

The key is in PKSc#8 unencrypted PEM format . Here am I following the
proper steps to convert the key .?

 And I have enabled the verbose as well , but still I get only the error
number with the error curl_easy_perform() failed: SSL connect error :

I am not able to find out the proper error