Re: Question about NOCWD and CURLOPT_WILDCARDMATCH

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Thu, 18 Oct 2012 16:39:26 +0200 (CEST)

On Wed, 17 Oct 2012, Mehmet Bozkurt wrote:

> Running with the NOCWD setting causes an CWD "incorrectly" (for my use case
> at least) being issued during a transfer with a wildcard pattern for the
> target file. I've found the lines in the libcurl code which changes the FTP
> filemethod mode to MULTICWD if it set to NOCWD. Commenting the line and
> running again works fine, but the change might cause a subtle or not so
> subtle bug that I haven't discovered yet.
>
> So what would be very much appreciated and time-saving is if anyone can give
> me some pointers to what I might be breaking with this change.

Lovely!

I would suggest that you show us the patch you've used to fix your case, and
that you help us write up a test case for the problematic server/issue. Then
we can work on getting that into the curl test suite and run everything and
make sure no regressions occur with this fix or in the future.