what does curl post

From: fancy_2626 <fancy_2626_at_163.com>
Date: Sun, 21 Oct 2012 14:13:26 -0700

I am submitting a form in a web site using the post function of curl. But what I got is not the result from post, instead it is exact the page source of the URL where I posted on. It seems that it didn't execute post action. I wonder how I can know if curl convey the form content to the web site and what it posts.
p.s. My script is in C++. The script works for some URLs. I find when the form has more than one buttons, such as submit and reset. My script failed to post. Any suggestion is welcome. Thanks.