lib/gtls.c question about handshake()

From: Nick Zitzmann <nick_at_chronosnet.com>
Date: Tue, 23 Oct 2012 14:24:01 -0600

A user recently wrote to me off-list about Secure Transport, and also stated he checked out the latest GnuTLS source code and found something strange after the latest change to the handshake() function.

I looked, and though I'm not a GnuTLS expert, I did notice something that seemed wrong: Shouldn't lines 305 and 308 be reversed? As of right now, if gnutls_handshake() returns an error condition other than GNUTLS_E_AGAIN or GNUTLS_E_INTERRUPTED, if gnutls_error_is_fatal() returns true, then the code loops around again, but if the function returns false, then it returns CURLE_SSL_CONNECT_ERROR. That doesn't seem right to me; shouldn't it be the other way around? Just wondering...

Nick Zitzmann
<http://www.chronosnet.com/>