Re: Build error: with_ssh2=static, VC9, makefile.vc

From: Jan Ehrhardt <phpdev_at_ehrhardt.nl>
Date: Wed, 24 Oct 2012 09:42:48 +0200

Guenter in gmane.comp.web.curl.library (Wed, 24 Oct 2012 04:21:59
+0200):
>Hi Jan,
>sorry, this one got udner the radar ... :-P

No big deal. That is why I pinged ;-)

>I agree that since we have agent support we now need user32.lib at least
>when using a static libssh2.lib ...
>but since since the libssh2 DLL links itself against user32.lib why do
>we need it there too??

You might be right. I linked with the same libssh2_a.lib, which contains
a reference to the external symbols __imp__FindWindowA and
__imp__SendMessageA. I did not recompile libssh2 as shared in stead of
static.

Jan