Re: Does libcurl support anonymous ftp server?

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Wed, 7 Nov 2012 20:04:02 +0100 (CET)

On Wed, 7 Nov 2012, ³ÂÊ绪 wrote:

> I'm using libcurl to download and upload files from Linux ftp server. Now
> the server supports anonymous users. However when I tried to upload a file
> to it, I always get the same error code 25 and error message Failed FTP
> upload: 553. I even tried the command curl and got the same error code.
> Could you please tell me how to fix it? Or it's a limitation now?

Anonymous FTP just means FTP with a shared name and password, and yes libcurl
support that.

If the server sends an error when you try to do an operation, I don't think
you can blame libcurl for that. Make sure you are in the correct directory for
where the server is configured to allow the commands you're using.