multipart/related with libcurl 7.15.3 ? Any suggestions.

From: William Lear <bill_at_lear.net>
Date: Thu, 22 Nov 2012 12:00:38 -0500

I am tasked with updating an existing embedded system to access a web
service using SOAP with Attachments (multipart/related). The system is
locked in to a prebuilt, ROM resident copy of libcurl 7.15.3, so I can't
change it. There is insufficient memory to add a second updated copy along
with the new code.

I believe that changing the default "multipart/formdata" mime type may be
sufficient to allow me to use CURLOPT_HTTPPOST, but have yet to find a way
to do this.

My next inclination would be to roll my own using curl_easy_send but, alas,
that was not added until v7.18.2.

Can anybody offer any suggestions on how (or even if) I can do this?

Thanks,

Bill