Re: Removing internal dual interface code handling

From: Tor Arntsen <tor_at_spacetec.no>
Date: Tue, 27 Nov 2012 09:29:38 +0100

On Mon, Nov 26, 2012 at 10:40 PM, Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se> wrote:

> A very long time ago (commit 91f483c5) it struck me we should make sure that
> we stop handling easy and multi interface differently internally. [...]

> As you will see, the new curl_easy_perform() implementation is almost
> ridiculously simple - even though I'm sure I've missed a couple of things we
> need to add before we can consider it a true replacement.
>
> I'm aware of some extensive pending patches coming up for the multi
> interface for pipelining and more, so I will make sure to not rock the boat
> too much before that happens. I will instead continue working and make all
> test cases work with my new approach.

I like it. I have only looked at the diff so far, but this looks like
the way to go.
Maybe you could add a branch to the github repo and keep your patches
there while you work on it? You could even keep rebasing it (against
master) and those of us testing it would simply have to pull --rebase.

-Tor

CONFIDENTIALITY
This e-mail and any attachment contain KONGSBERG information which may be
proprietary, confidential or subject to export regulations, and is only meant
for the intended recipient(s). Any disclosure, copying, distribution or use is
prohibited, if not otherwise explicitly agreed with KONGSBERG. If received in
error, please delete it immediately from your system and notify the sender
properly.