RE: SMTP connection re-use possible?

From: Steve Holme <steve_holme_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 30 Nov 2012 20:32:46 +0000

Hi again,

> I'm using libcurl V7.27.0.0 with libeay32/
> ssleay32 1.0.0j (V1.0.0.10).

I remember fixing an issue a while ago to do with re-using TLS upgraded
connections and just to make sure you were using a version after that ;-)

I don't see why you should have any problems... It is almost as if the
server is in an invalid state after the first mail.

Have you tried disabling SSL and connecting to port 25, letting libcurl
perform an AUTH LOGIN or AUTH PLAIN to authenticate?

You could also try telneting onto mail.gmx.net on the same port and typing
in the SMTP commands yourself to see if multiple mails are possible.

Kind Regards

Steve