RE: SMTP functionality with authentication fails!

From: Chandran, Naveen <naveen.chandran_at_hp.com>
Date: Sat, 1 Dec 2012 12:11:40 +0000

Hi Steve,

>> Attempting to run the attached SMTP code (for sending a sample mail
>> from a valid gmail mail account to another, using gmail's SMTP server)
>> fails. I've tried with ports 25,
>> 465 and 587, but without success.

> I'm not familiar with the CURLOPT_HTTPPROXYTUNNEL option at all and I know this is a fairly obvious question to ask but have you tried taking that and the SSL options off?
Yes, I did try taking this option out (and the SSL options too), but the result happens to be the same (although, I would very much need to have CURLOPT_HTTPPROXYTUNNEL,
since in my case, I would need to reach the SMTP server via our proxy).
As for the libcurl version, I'm using pretty much the latest version - v7.28.1 (apologies, for missing that info out in my original mail request).

> Also, as I think Daniel has already asked could you post a log of what is happening.
I received these logs on running my sample SMTP code:

* About to connect() to smtp.gmail.com port 465 (#0)
* Trying 173.194.68.108... * Connection refused
* Trying 173.194.68.109... * Connection refused
* Trying 2607:f8b0:400d:c00::6c... * Failed to connect to 2607:f8b0:400d:c00::6c: Network is unreachable
* Success
* couldn't connect to host
* Closing connection #0
* Couldn't connect to server

Please let me know if the error log would help in identifying the problem any further.

Thanks,
Naveen