Re: SMTP connection re-use possible?

From: Volker Schmid <volker.schmid_at_regify.com>
Date: Mon, 03 Dec 2012 09:02:08 +0100

Hello Steve,

> It looked like you sent "CRLF.CRLF" at the end of the first message, gmx.net
> replied with "250 2.6.0 Message accepted {mp024}CRLF" and then you continued
> with "CRLFMAIL FROM:alice.master_at_xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.deCRLF", etc...

I found the problem! Your question about the additional CRLF brought me to check what linebreaks I'm using. And I found that all my lines are ending with LF only! Interestingly the mailserver never complained about for a single email. As soon as I change to CRLF after every line it works out of the box with simple SMTP and STARTTLS.

Sorry for bothering you about this stupid misstake.

Best,

Volker