Re: Potential Fix to libcurl 7.28.1 HPUX11.11 rw_lock.h compiler error developed

From: Dan Fandrich <dan_at_coneharvesters.com>
Date: Wed, 12 Dec 2012 10:59:44 +0100

On Wed, Dec 12, 2012 at 01:59:33AM -0500, Frank Chang wrote:
> Yang Tse and Dan Fandrich, Thank you for your help .I just developed a
> potential fix to the nasty rw_lock.h problem.on HPUX 11.11. curl 7.28.1
> compiles and links successfully if you use the following fix.
>
> For example if you go lib/gopher.c and add #define TRUE 1 before #include <net/
> if.h
>
> #ifdef HAVE_NET_IF_H
> #define TRUE 1
> #include <net/if.h>
> #endif
>
> Yang Tse and Dan Fandrich, Please give me your opinion of this potential fix to
> the HPUX 11..11 rw_lock.h compiler errors. Thank you again for your help.

I don't have the file so I can't review the fix, but if it works for
you--great! Another way would be do disable gopher from the libcurl
build altogether. And finally, it looks like every one of the system
#includes at the top of that file can actually be removed altogether.
They were probably pasted from another file and aren't actually needed
there.

>>> Dan