RE: Order Of Include Files in libcurl-7.28.1 that appears to compile OK

From: Frank Chang <frank_chang91_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 13 Dec 2012 08:35:28 -0500

Daniel Stenberg and Yang Tse, Daniel Stenberg, Once again you are correct that the cause of HPUX B11.11 /usr/include/sys/rw_lock.h compile error. I spent the last 15 minutes trying many permutations of the order of the include files in ./curl-7.28.1/lib/file.c and testing the make process. Here is a permutation of the order of the include files that the HPUX B11.11 CC compiler likes and compiles and links okay.

The following other files asides from file.c need to be changed also:

tftp.c
easy.c
transfer.c
telnet.c
if2ip.c
dict.c
url.h
http.c
file.c
gopher.c (change may have already been pushed into sourcecode repository)

Daniel Stenberg. Thank you for your reply to my emails on this mailing list at 4:00 AM this morning.

#include "setup.h"
#ifndef CURL_DISABLE_FILE
#ifdef HAVE_SYS_SOCKET_H
#include <sys/socket.h>
#endif
#ifdef HAVE_NETINET_IN_H
#include <netinet/in.h>
#endif
#ifdef HAVE_UNISTD_H
#include <unistd.h>
#endif
#ifdef HAVE_NETDB_H
#include <netdb.h>
#endif
#ifdef HAVE_ARPA_INET_H
#include <arpa/inet.h>
#endif
#ifdef HAVE_SYS_IOCTL_H
#include <sys/ioctl.h>
#endif
#ifdef HAVE_SYS_PARAM_H
#include <sys/param.h>
#endif
#ifdef HAVE_FCNTL_H
#include <fcntl.h>
#endif
#include "strtoofft.h"
#include "urldata.h"
#include <curl/curl.h>
#include "progress.h"
#include "sendf.h"
#include "escape.h"
#include "file.h"
#include "speedcheck.h"
#include "getinfo.h"
#include "transfer.h"
#include "url.h"
#include "curl_memory.h"
#include "parsedate.h" /* for the week day and month names */
#include "warnless.h"
#define _MPRINTF_REPLACE /* use our functions only */
#include <curl/mprintf.h>
#ifndef HAVE_NET_IF_H
#include <net/if.h>
#endif