Re: Not able to cross-compile curl for ARM uClinux

From: Bernard Evensrud <bevensrud_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 14 Dec 2012 21:07:14 +0100

2012/12/14 Dan Fandrich <dan_at_coneharvesters.com>:
> On Fri, Dec 14, 2012 at 07:10:54PM +0100, Bernard Evensrud wrote:
>> Thanks for your input. Coming from the microcontroller world, I must
>> admit this is over my head. I do not understand these error messages.
>> There might be a possible fault in the toolchain?
>
> That's what it looks like. It matches what I suspected originally, that
> *-elf-gcc toolchains aren't normally capable of compiling generic
> applications.
>
>> I downloaded a complete toolchain package from the moxa website, the
>> manufacturer for this embedded computer. Do I have any alternatives to
>> try, or can I compile my own toolchain (when I do not know what I am
>> doing)?
>
> You said you have used this toolchain to compile applications before.
> Were these POSIX applications or something specific to this embedded
> computer? What OS is this embedded computer running? What happens when
> you compile Hello World? The program that configure is complaining
> about is contained in the config.log file--can you repeat the results by
> compiling it manually?

Yes, I have used this toolchain to compile my own applications. They
are rather simple, only using a few header files. They communicate
trough the serial port (/dev/ttyS0) and processes some data. All this
compiles and works fine. Also tried to compile some other small
programs, both C and C++ (adding the -lstdc++ parameter of course).
Compiles and runs. These programs is compiled with make, and do not
have any configure scripts.

What I need is only the libcurl.a library so I can use it with my c
and c++ programs. Can I in some way compile this manually, without
running configure?

Thanks!
Bernard E.