Re: Implementing OAuth support into curl?

From: Yves Arrouye <yarrouye_at_expedia.com>
Date: Fri, 21 Dec 2012 10:32:08 -0800

I have so far a full patch off HEAD for OAuth 2 which supports the
generation of a proper Authorization: header for OAuth 2 from a token.
Bearer (RFC 6750) and the HTTP MAC (draft-ietf-oauth-v2-http-mac-02) are
both supported. The patch has been tested on OS X, Linux, Windows using
nmake as well as MingW32. We are using it to interact with our newly
designed authentication service (so it's also been tested against a
different implementation of HTTP MAC), which is why I cared mostly about
generating proper authorization headers, and not about three legged etc.
But it's a solid start.

I was actually going to ask if there was interest in having me contribute
this to cURL. The patch does NOT enable OAUth2 by default (but I can
change that, and maybe not enable HTTP MAC by default as it's an I-D and
not an RFC; all those things can be discussed).

If there is interest, then I'D love to discuss some of my decisions (e.g.
take a token file on curl's command line rather than the token data itself
so as not to expose it on the command line, though I also have #ifdef'ed
support for that) as well as make sure some of them are the right way to
integrate with cURL and libcurl (e.g. setting the token through libcurl,
where a file did not seem appropriate).

Refresh tokens are not supported yet because it's something I'D rather
discuss with the list before picking some design over some other.

YA