Webdav over SSL; IIS 7.5; Files larger than ~7.5MB

From: Chris Knight <cknight_at_dabmap.com>
Date: Wed, 26 Dec 2012 10:51:37 +0000

Hi everyone,

I have been trying for a long time to fix this issue but no amount of
googling is helping so I'm really hoping someone here can help. It's my
first post here so be easy on me ;-) First I'll get rid of the version
info that I am using;

libcurl version: 7.28.1
openssl version: 1.0.1c
IIS version: 7.5.76
BitKinex: 3.2.3

I'm just using a very standard piece of code (not including it as it is
almost straight out the box but if really needed I can provide it) to
upload files to a Webdav server. Everything is going well and I am
uploading files to both Apache and IIS servers using basic auth and ssl.
 The only time I have an issues is with IIS and when a file is larger
than 7716864 bytes. Apache handles as expected. I also tried uploading to
the exact same server using the same methods with BitKinex and it does the
job fine ruling out any IIS configuration issues. I have tried on multiple
windows instances, Windows 7 and Server 2008, same problem, all with IIS
version 7.5.*.

What happens is that everything seems normal until 7716864 bytes. When
this is reached it sits and waits for the timeout before returning a 500
http error, no more detail than that really from the logs and response.

In the code I have traced the condition that is failing. On line 1035 in
transfer.c there is an if statement. When all is going well k->keepon = 3
and select_res = 2, when it reaches 7716864 k->keepon = 3 and select_res =
0.

Can anyone suggest what the issues maybe?

Thanks in advance