Re: configure ares

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Thu, 27 Dec 2012 18:40:58 +0100 (CET)

On Thu, 27 Dec 2012, Giuseppe Attardi wrote:

> The configure script looks for ares in the directory ares,

Yes, since once upon the time c-ares lived as a subdiretory to libcurl named
ares.

> while the distribution provides c-ares.

Does it? If you clone the c-ares git archive you may get a c-ares dir, but
surely each released c-ares tarball has the directory named c-ares-[version] ?

> I think m4/curl-confopts.m4 should be changed like this:
>
> dnl c-ares library path has not been given
> if test -d "$srcdir/c-ares"; then
> dnl c-ares sources embedded in curl tree
> embedded_ares="yes"
> AC_CONFIG_SUBDIRS(c-ares)

Are you using this feature yourself, and if so can you please clarify exactly
why you need to change 'ares' to 'c-ares' like this?