Re: Can we use libcurl to create HTTP server?

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Thu, 3 Jan 2013 10:19:53 +0100 (CET)

On Thu, 3 Jan 2013, venkataragavan vijayakumar wrote:

> I am currently using libcurl for my HTTP client purpose. Now i have
> requirement that , i need to develop a HTTP server. Can libcurl will parse
> the HTTP request comes from other client? Please do the needful.

No. libcurl offers no functions or building blocks to build any kind of
internet protocol server. libcurl is only a client-side library. For server
libraries, you need to continue your search elsewhere but there exist many
good open source ones out there for most protocols you could possibly want a
server for. And there are really good stand-alone ones that have been tested
and proven for many years. There's no need for you to reinvent them!

And since this question has come up several times recently, it is now added to
the FAQ:

    http://curl.haxx.se/docs/faq.html#Can_I_write_a_server_with_libcur