Re: VMS fixes needed to allow building.

From: John E. Malmberg <wb8tyw_at_qsl.net>
Date: Sun, 06 Jan 2013 19:03:26 -0600

On 1/6/2013 12:40 PM, Yang Tse wrote:
> Hi John,
>
> I noticed your VMS proposed patches time ago. I have some
> comments/adjustments/suggestions for these. I'll do it soonish.

Ok,

I have been busy trying to get native VMS tools to generate the
[curl_]config.h file.

I am currently auditing the curl_config.h generated the GNV tool chain
comparing it with the config-vms.h in the daily snapshot I made it from.

I am only about 2/3 through it, however the configure tests run through
bash on VMS missed several SSL include files and identified the VMS
Kerberos as Heimdal instead of MIT. The last time I looked, the HP
supplied Kerberos was MIT based. Not sure that it those make a
difference in the build.

But it means that I have to check why those tests failed.

The audit is also showing that several settings in the config-vms.h are
quite a bit wrong for current versions of VMS.

Once that is done, I will fine tune a VMS native procedure that will
read the [curl_]config.h.in file and write a correct [curl_]config.h file.

Regards,
-John
wb8tyw_at_qsl.net