Find wrong certificate domain

From: Volker Schmid <volker.schmid_at_regify.com>
Date: Fri, 11 Jan 2013 07:48:49 +0100

Hello,

I'm using libcurl to send SMTP emails. I also set CURLOPT_SSL_VERIFYPEER and CURLOPT_SSL_VERIFYHOST to check the certificate.

Some customers are getting an error because the SSL certificate does not match the domain name of the smtp server. I now like to show them the domain name of the certificate.

How do I get the name of the certificate domain after such an error? I don't want to use debugging and parse the whole debug output for that. Is there an easy way to get the certificate or the certificate domain name after such failure?

Best,

Volker