Re: USE_ARES in config-win32.h

From: Gisle Vanem <gvanem_at_broadpark.no>
Date: Fri, 11 Jan 2013 12:43:53 +0100

"Yang Tse" <yangsita_at_gmail.com> wrote:

> config-platform.h in this case (config-win32.h) should be defining
> USE_ARES and verifying that USE_THREADS_WIN32 is not defined when
> "WITH_ARES" or "ENABLE_ARES" is defined.

It's been a long time since I was involved in the
asyn*.c / resolver stuff. Many other have contributed to asyn-thread.c
etc. since I was involved. So my memory is rustly regarding this.

"WITH_ARES"? AFAICS only Netware uses this. Can we rename this to
"USE_ARES"? And I cannot find ENABLE_ARES anywhere.

> config-win32.h should verify that USE_ARES and USE_THREADS_WIN32 are
> none defined when "WITH_SYNC_DNS" or "ENABLE_SYNC_DNS" is defined.

Where are "WITH_SYNC_DNS" or "ENABLE_SYNC_DNS" defined and tested?
Not here. Are you perhaps confused too? As I am regarding mixing WITH_x,
ENABLE_x and USE_x. We should be consistent and use only one form
(maybe except for ENABLE_IPV6 use USE_x). I'm just scratching the surface
on this build/configuration problem

> Notice that changing this in config-win32.h affects all makefiles
> which can be used to build a win32/64 target. Your proposed change
> would equally affect same number of makefiles.

Not sure I understood this. Some Windows targets is generating
config-win32.h?

--gv