Re: ares_getsock() return value

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Sat, 12 Jan 2013 22:38:33 +0100 (CET)

On Fri, 11 Jan 2013, Gisle Vanem wrote:

> I'm not sure it matters, but the comment in asyn-ares.c is wrong:

Thanks, fixed and pushed now!

> BTW. C-ares handles max 16 sockets here, but multi.c handles "only" 2 *
> MAX_SOCKSPEREASYHANDLE==10. A little too conservative?

Hm, yes indeed. I can't recall why I made it 5 and not 16... or at least 15
since the bitmap value seems to be used as signed int a little too much and
that might cause some problem...

It's funny that we haven't noticed bigger problems with this from users. It
might be that it is a fairly unusual limit to actual hit in real life.

Have you tried to just bump it? Anyone else?