RE: POP3 extra commands

From: Steve Holme <steve_holme_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2013 11:33:53 +0000

thread http://curl.haxx.se/mail/lib-2011-12/0012.html,
> but did not find neither compromise on implementation strategy
> nor implementation itself in vcs. The related thread
> http://curl.haxx.se/mail/lib-2010-06/0138.html%a0ended with Daniel's
> generous offer to contribute. Am I right that the problem is still actual
> and the QUOTE-based implementation is expected?

No - support for all the other POP3 commands was implemented in v7.26 and as
custom requests. Unfortunately, the thread ran over several months, so those
links don't categorically state the outcome :(

You might want to take a look at the CORLOPT_CUSTOMREQUEST section of the
curl_easy_setopt() documentation:

http://curl.haxx.se/libcurl/c/curl_easy_setopt.html

But in summary you should be able to perform the following in your own code
to delete a message for example:

    curl_easy_setopt(handle, CURLOPT_URL, "pop3://mail. example.com/1");
    curl_easy_setopt(handle, CURLOPT_CUSTOMREQUEST, "DELE");
    curl_easy_setopt(handle, CURLOPT_NOBODY, 1);

Or, if you are using the curl command line tool you can use:

    --url pop3://mail. example.com/1 -X DELE -I

Or, for other commands:

    --url pop3://mail. example.com -X STAT -I
    --url pop3://mail. example.com -X "TOP 1 0"

I hope this helps.

Regards

Steve