Re: Using libcurl from a pam module

From: Dan Fandrich <dan_at_coneharvesters.com>
Date: Wed, 16 Jan 2013 15:27:19 +0100

On Wed, Jan 16, 2013 at 11:02:53AM +0100, Daniel Stenberg wrote:
> That restriction is unfortunately enforced upon us by third party
> libraries, not by anything we can control. So if your module wants to
> use OpenSSL, or whatever, that requirement will be there no matter
> which other transfer library you use...

If you're careful and want to risk it, you might be able to get around the
problem by compiling libcurl without any external libraries that have this
problem, or only those where it's safe (e.g. not OpenSSL). Alternately, you
could look into the static constructor initialization mechanism (hooks) built
in to the C++ run-time libraries to allow running code after the C environment
is ready, but before main(). Kids, don't try this at home...

>>> Dan