Re: cURL behavior on 303 does not seem to be what is documented/advertised?

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Fri, 18 Jan 2013 22:05:24 +0100 (CET)

On Fri, 18 Jan 2013, Yves Arrouye wrote:

> I don't think that --resolve is the right thing here. The reason the
> Internet-Draft asks for the Host header is simply to support virtualized
> hosts.

Of course. That's the whole purpose of Host: for everyone and that's why
--resolve can help you. You can decide what name to use for which IP adress
without playing tricks with /etc/hosts or similar.

> So I truly believe that Host *exactly as sent by curl* is the right thing to
> get to generate that HTTP MAC.

If you use --resolve, you'd use the "right" host name in the URL and thus the
"right" name will be sent in the Host: header and then everything will be
fine!