Re: [W32] Testsuite does not build in 7.28.1 anymore

From: Gisle Vanem <gvanem_at_broadpark.no>
Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2013 16:36:54 +0100

"LRN" <lrn1986_at_gmail.com> wrote:

>>> compiled object files that go into libcurl. So the header tells
>>> it to link to dllimport mprintf functions, while the object files
>>> provide only normal mprintf functions for internal use.

Right, unless you put a -DCURL_STATICLIB in your CFLAGS.
And link with a static libcurl.a Thus functions in include\curl\mprintf.h
become undecorated with no dll* attribs. E.g.:

  CURL_EXTERN /* == __declspec(dllimport) when using libcurl */
  int curl_msnprintf(char *buffer, size_t maxlength,
  # define snprintf curl_msnprintf

boils down to:
  snprintf == curl_msnprintf

>> you should try a build with --disable-shared
>
> Been there, done that.

From the checklog you sent, I cannot see the '-DCURL_STATICLIB'
was used. ./tests/libtest/Makefile.am has a:

  if USE_CPPFLAG_CURL_STATICLIB
  AM_CPPFLAGS += -DCURL_STATICLIB
  endif

But how this gets into the Makefile is beyond me. I try to avoid
autotools at all cost.

--gv