Re: IBM-AIX xlc Makefile internal compiler error

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2013 22:21:46 +0100 (CET)

On Tue, 22 Jan 2013, Frank Chang wrote:

> However, when we manually enter the following command line directive. we
> obtain the result shown below.

Right, when you compile something very different you don't get the problem.
You already knew that since you've compiled a lot of other source files fine.

Your command line is *very* different than what the libcurl build runs so I
don't think it is very meaningful to compare. I think you should rather try
with ONLY removing the "-qnoansialias -qhalt=e -O2" options and see if that
can possibly make things different.

> If you have the time, could you possibly look into the cause of the problem
> 1) IBM AIX configuration process or 2) something in the Makefile?

The problem is "Internal compiler error", it is not caused by configure or the
Makefile. You can possibly find a work-around by editing either or both of
them, but as we know they work for other AIX users I think there's reason to
suspect a problem in your particular system and not in the general AIX support
in curl.