Re: LibCurl Time out Issue

From: Dan Fandrich <dan_at_coneharvesters.com>
Date: Fri, 25 Jan 2013 21:14:36 +0100

On Fri, Jan 25, 2013 at 05:39:16PM +0530, Venkatesh Prabu Narayanan wrote:
> I am new to this forum. I am using libcurl to download files from the server to
> the client. I am using the following options in my curl connection in client
> side,
>
> curl_easy_setopt(curlPtr, CURLOPT_LOW_SPEED_LIMIT, 1);
> curl_easy_setopt(curlPtr, CURLOPT_LOW_SPEED_TIME, 360L);
> curl_easy_setopt(curlPtr, CURLOPT_IGNORE_CONTENT_LENGTH, 1);
> curl_easy_setopt(curlPtr, CURLOPT_TCP_NODELAY, 1);
>
> Even though I have made it to time out only if no bytes was received for a
> period of 6 minutes (360 seconds), the operation seems to be timed out even
> after receiving response bytes within the stipulated time.
[...]
> * Operation timed out after 360000 milliseconds with 205512 bytes received
> * Closing connection #0
> * Timeout was reached

This is what would be expected if the client sent 205512 bytes and then the
server stopped responding for 360 seconds. You didn't say how long it was
from the start of the transfer before this timeout was reached, or how you know
that the response bytes were actually being received. A network sniffer
would tell you where the problem lies.

>>> Dan

> I am using the libcurl version 7.19.3. I know it is an older version. But
> please let me know what is went wrong here. Does upgrading to latest version
> help in my case. I would appreciate your answer.

Why don't you try it and see?

>>> Dan