libcurl failed to create/upload file with digest authentication when header "If-None-Match: *" is added

From: Yingping Lu <Yingping.Lu_at_quantum.com>
Date: Fri, 25 Jan 2013 18:38:49 +0000

Hello,

We'd like to make sure we don't overwrite an existing object when we upload a file to a server, so we put a header "If-None-Match: *", however, the upload operation always failed with digest authentication. I tracked the code a bit and found out that libcurl was sending two requests, the first request had content-length of 0, the server side responded with creating the object. The second request had the real length, but the operation failed since the request had header "If-None-Match: *", and the object was created by the first request, so the server side responded with http code 413, i.e. precondition failed. Is this the server's issue or libcurl's issue? Thanks.

Lu

The information contained in this transmission may be confidential. Any disclosure, copying, or further distribution of confidential information is not permitted unless such privilege is explicitly granted in writing by Quantum. Quantum reserves the right to have electronic communications, including email and attachments, sent across its networks filtered through anti virus and spam software programs and retain such messages in order to comply with applicable data security and retention requirements. Quantum is not responsible for the proper and complete transmission of the substance of this communication or for any delay in its receipt.