RE: POP3 + DISABLE_CRYPTO_AUTH

From: Steve Holme <steve_holme_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Sun, 3 Feb 2013 21:53:12 +0000

Hi,

On Fri, 1 Feb 2013, Stanislav Ivochkin wrote:

> > Unfortunately I think we need a much heavier approach than this.
>
> I agree with it. The patch was just an illustration of what I suppose
> libcurl to do.
>
> > Given this and some rework of both op3_authenticate() and
> > imap_authenticate() that I had started locally, for some other work I am
> > currently doing, I will come up with a fix over the weekend and credit
you
> > accordingly ;-)
>
> That will definitely be great.

I've just pushed a fix.

> Feel free to contact me if you need some help - I am ready to participate.

I've done a fair amount of testing here, but since Exchange doesn’t support
CRAM-MD5, I would appreciate it if you could give the latest version of the
code a go to see if it fixes your scenario.

I also have the imap fix ready to go as well, but that involves adding
support for the server capability "LOGINDISABLED" so I will push that once
the autobuilds have completed with the pop3 fix - either later tonight or in
the morning.

Many thanks

Steve