Re: [vms] Fixes to get vms builds working again.

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Mon, 4 Feb 2013 23:30:05 +0100 (CET)

On Sun, 20 Jan 2013, John E. Malmberg wrote:

> I finally got curl to build correctly on ALPHA, VAX, IA64, using both GNV
> (GNU on VMS tool chain) and using the native VMS tools.

Thanks a lot for your hard work on this. Is there any chance you can use git
commit and send me future fixes as plain 'git format-patch' instead? This
lengthy list makes it a very tedious manual work for me to receive changes.

Also, please try lib/checksrc.pl on your changes. I'll entertain you with a
few errors I got:

../lib/post-config-vms.h:28:4: error: Contains TAB character
  /* Also need upper case symbols for system services, and */
     ^
../lib/post-config-vms.h:89:7: warning: if with space
      if (test_str == NULL) {
        ^

I fixed them now, but they should be easily detectable even before a change is
sent to the list!

In case someone feels like reviewing the complete changeset, I'm attaching the
full patch as I made it after having manually applied each change. If nobody
yells, I'll merge this soonish.