Re: Current IMAP features?

From: Jiří Hruška <jirka_at_fud.cz>
Date: Fri, 8 Feb 2013 18:49:16 +0100

Hi Ben,

the IMAP support has been improved in the last release mostly in terms
of authentication methods, but the rest is still severely limited.
IIRC all it can do is fetch a message with UID 1.

However I needed to use libcurl at work to do much more with IMAP -
fetch individual parts of messages, upload new ones to the server,
issue commands like LIST or STORE etc. - and I have made a larger
patch for this functionality. The URL uses standard format as defined
by RFC2192, APPEND is controlled by CURLOPT_UPLOAD, custom commands
can be sent using CURLOPT_CUSTOMREQUEST.

Because the 7.29.0 release was already almost out when I came with the
patch, these changes were postponed. Now that there is time for new
features again, this work can continue. I'm in touch with Steve Holme
on this, and as a matter of fact, I'm going to prepare some rebased
patches of my additions over this weekend.

Kind regards,
Jiri