Re: [vms] Fixes to get vms builds working again.

From: John E. Malmberg <wb8tyw_at_qsl.net>
Date: Sun, 10 Feb 2013 20:22:06 -0600

On 2/4/2013 4:30 PM, Daniel Stenberg wrote:
> On Sun, 20 Jan 2013, John E. Malmberg wrote:
>
>> I finally got curl to build correctly on ALPHA, VAX, IA64, using both
>> GNV (GNU on VMS tool chain) and using the native VMS tools.
>
> Thanks a lot for your hard work on this. Is there any chance you can use
> git commit and send me future fixes as plain 'git format-patch' instead?
> This lengthy list makes it a very tedious manual work for me to receive
> changes.

I will try. I am not familiar with using git though.

I can not build from a locally fetched git repository on VMS as I need
the configure and curl_config.in as autoconf is not currently working on
VMS.

I have to build off of either a released kit or one of the daily downloads.

This was an unusually large patch because everything was dependent on
each other.

> Also, please try lib/checksrc.pl on your changes. I'll entertain you
> with a few errors I got:

I will run that script before the next submission.

Sorry for the late response. The system board of my cygwin/NFS server
failed and I had to build a replacement.

I currently am working on the procedure for building a shared libcurl on
VAX/VMS, and when I get that done I will make some binary kits and
submit the files needed for creating the shared images.

Once I get the kits built to verify that those procedures work I will
submit those scripts and files.

Thanks for getting these fixes in. I need to get the shared image
packages as part of the work in getting "git" to be built native on VMS.

Regards,
-John