Re: Bug in the multi interface? (curl_multi_wait returns 0)

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Tue, 12 Feb 2013 16:29:12 +0100 (CET)

On Fri, 8 Feb 2013, Clemens Gruber wrote:

> I am using libcurl on Windows (MSVC2010) and I use the multi interface to
> download several files via HTTPS. Up to 7.28.1, everything worked perfectly.
> Today, I upgraded to curl 7.29.0 and just after the update my
> multi-interface code does not work anymore :/ (But all my other curl_easy
> connections, without the multi interface, do work!) I read in the release
> notes that there were some changes. Did you test the code after the changes
> under Windows or did you change some of the interfaces, especially with
> curl_multi_wait?

We did 260 commits between 7.28.1 and 7.29.0. We have a large user base on
Windows that I rely on occasionally tests stuff. It doesn't rule out that we
might have a bug somewhere and I wouldn't be so sure that the problem you see
is windows-only... We don't really have anything that is specific to windows
in curl_multi_wait.

> The function curl_multi_wait() returns 0, whereas in the previous release
> 7.28.1 it worked as expected.
>
> I am using the Curl Multi interface as specified in the docs and examples.
> Mostly after this example: http://curl.haxx.se/libcurl/c/10-at-a-time.html
> But instead of doing the file descriptor handling myself, I use
> curl_multi_wait, but as far as I know, this is the recommended way, isn't
> it?

Can you please be even more specific and post a complete example that repeats
the problem for you?