proxy resolution failure

From: CP, Ambika <ambika-p.c_at_hp.com>
Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2013 04:58:45 +0000

Hello,

My module with proxy URL and port configurations uses libcurl to send data from a device. Module does an hourly retry if previous send failed. In a scenario where, previous send failed and I unplug the network cable. Module starts to retry after an hour and fails (and this is expected). The error observed is as follows:

* getaddrinfo(3) failed for xxx-xxxx.xxxx.xx.com:<port no.>

* Couldn't resolve proxy 'xxx-xxxx.xxxx.xx.com'

* Closing connection #0

* Couldn't resolve proxy name

And curl_easy_perform() with the error CURLE_COULDNT_RESOLVE_PROXY (5)

Later when I connect back the network cable, ideally the next retry should be successful. But, it continues to fail with same above error. I was using curl-7.19.6 and upgraded to curl-7.28.1 but issue still occurs. I am able to ping to the proxy URL from command line. If network cable is not unplugged and connected back, it works successfully all the time with both of the curl versions.

Regards

Ambika